Awakening uses Aether, a resource from Strange Signal, to unlock an extra skill on a target demon and slightly increase their stats. The skill available through Awakening depends on the target demon's Archetype (color).
Demons come in five different Archetypes:
- Aragami (red)
- Protector (yellow)
- Psychic (purple)
- Elementalist (teal/cyan)
- Common (clear/grey)
Awakening a demon unlocks their Archetype Skill, which varies depending on the demon and its Archetype, and slightly increases their stats.
- Every demon requires Small, Medium, and/or Large Aethers of specific types and specific quantities to be awakened.
- The required Aether types and quantities to awaken a Demon are dependent on the demon's race and base rarity.
- Aethers are available in 5 common types, Light (Yellow), Lawful (Blue), Neutral (Green), Dark (Purple), and Chaotic (Red).
- Several special types are only available during limited events, and are usually required to awaken Demons also exclusively available during those events.
- Aethers can be obtained in some missions and in most quests, including Aura Gates, but especially in Strange Signal.
- Aether Crystal is a special item that can awaken any Demon, regardless of which and how many Aethers would be required for that.
- They can be purchased in the Shop for 500 Gems each, which is ridiculously expensive, so avoid buying them.
- They are sometimes offered as rewards for completing event missions, or as part of Log-in Bonuses.
- Don't use an Aether Crystal on a Demon that can be awakened by common Aethers, which can be easily harvested in Strange Signal quests. Save them for awakening event-exclusive Demons that require special types of Aether, just in case you're unable to gather enough during its event period.
Strange Signal quests drop only one type of Aether, depending on the Signal chosen. The quality is random, but higher levels drop more of the larger sizes.
Strange Signal quest availability rotates based on the day, with Neutral being open all the time.
- Strange Signal Schedule
- Monday - Light, Dark, Neutral
- Tuesday - Lawful, Chaos, Neutral
- Wednesday- Light, Dark, Neutral
- Thursday - Lawful, Chaos, Neutral
- Friday - Light, Dark, Neutral
- Saturday - All are open
- Sunday - All are open
Determining aether type and amount
The type of aether needed will depend on a demon's race:
- Most races each have an alignment of (Light/Neutral/Dark) + (Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic), and will need aether matching the two groups they are in. We will call this "LND + LNC".
- Certain races (usually gacha-exclusives or multi-fusions) will have Light + Dark + Lawful + Chaotic (basically, everything except Neutral), thus needing some aether of each type. We will call this "Variety".
The amount of aether needed will depend on a demon's base rarity:
- Example 1: Metatron is a Herald, which is aligned Light + Lawful. Since he is base 5★ rarity, you will need 20M + 15L Light aether, as well as 20M + 15L Lawful aether to awaken him.
- Example 2: Gogmagog is a Jirae, which is aligned Neutral + Neutral. Since he is base 5★ rarity, you will need 40M + 30L Neutral aether to awaken him. (since both sides are Neutral, you are adding 20M + 20M = 40M, and 15L + 15L = 30L).
- Example 3: Yoshitsune is a Hero, which has Variety alignment. Since he is base 5★ rarity, you will need 15L Light aether + 15L Dark aether + 15L Lawful aether + 15L Chaotic aether to awaken him.
|Base Rarity||Type||Aether needed (per alignment group)|
|5★||LND + LNC||-||20||15|
|4★||LND + LNC||-||15||5|
|3★||LND + LNC||5||10||-|
|2★||LND + LNC||10||5||-|
|1★||LND + LNC||10||-||-|
Most collaboration demons use special Aether only available during their event, and will not follow the aether pattern of their race.
Additionally, collaboration Aether only comes in S and L sizes, no M, and cannot be converted between sizes.
|Base Rarity||Collab Aether needed|
|Devil May Cry V||Soul Aether|
|Ghost in the Shell||Cyber Aether|
|The Seven Deadly Sins||Power Aether|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion||Core Aether|
Alignments per race
|Herald||Light + Lawful|
|Megami||Light + Lawful|
|Deity||Light + Neutral|
|Avatar||Light + Neutral|
|Holy||Light + Neutral|
|Genma||Light + Neutral|
|Fury||Light + Chaotic|
|Lady||Light + Chaotic|
|Kishin||Light + Chaotic|
|Divine||Neutral + Lawful|
|Yoma||Neutral + Lawful|
|Snake||Neutral + Neutral|
|Beast||Neutral + Neutral|
|Fairy||Neutral + Neutral|
|Fallen||Neutral + Chaotic|
|Brute||Neutral + Chaotic|
|Femme||Neutral + Chaotic|
|Night||Neutral + Chaotic|
|Vile||Dark + Lawful|
|Wilder||Dark + Neutral|
|Foul||Dark + Chaotic|
|Tyrant||Dark + Chaotic|
|Haunt||Dark + Chaotic|
|Avian||Light + Lawful|
|Dragon||Light + Chaotic|
|Jaki||Dark + Neutral|
|Reaper||Dark + Neutral|
|Undead||Dark + Neutral|
|Mitama||Light + Neutral|
|Witch||Neutral + Chaotic|
|Jirae||Neutral + Neutral|
|Tenma||Light + Chaotic|
|Drake||Dark + Chaotic|
|Raptor||Dark + Lawful|
|Seraph||Light + Lawful|
|Wood||Dark + Lawful|
|Godly||Light + Lawful|
The following races are currently collab-only, and do not use normal Aether:
|Resources||Items • Talk • Magnetite/Fusion • Karma • Summoning (Demon Summoning Pool, Skill Summoning Pool, Choice File) • Event Reward Demons|
|Team Building||Battle Speed • Team restrictions • Liberators • Armaments • Demonite|
|Upgrading||Leveling/Evolving • Awakening • Spirit Merge • Transcend|
|Customization||Archetypes • Skill Transfer • Brands • Mitama • Sin Infusion|
|Misc||Formulas • AR Scanner • Devicon • Alignment|